Thursday 8 March 2012

Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business


It's now Friday - the end of my first complete week in Singapore, and the end of a first full week of work at SAP APJ.  With all the exciting things to do and discover during my first week here, it's been too easy to forget I'm actually here to do a job!


With that in mind, I thought it was appropriate to share some photos of the place where I spend more time than anywhere else - the SAP Singapore office at 30 Pasir Panjang Road.

(SAP is located in the building to the left)
 The office is part of the Mapletree Business City, a corporate center in the southern part of Singapore -near the HarbourFront Precinct and just a few minutes from the Central Business District and the recreation and leisure resort of Sentosa.


It's only a 20 minute commute from our home near Holland Village and is easily accessible by both bus and train service.  Once at the office, I'm surrounded by a ton of convenient amenities such as laundry services, a fitness center, restaurants, bars, etc.    It makes me laugh that my lunch options include a local hawker center / food court for chicken rice or fish head curry, the SAP cafeteria for a mix of soup and sandwiches - or I can eat a little more familiar and go to Subway for a cold cut-trio or Philly cheese steak or the local English Pub for fish and chips.  There's a little bit of everything within a 2 minute walk from my desk.


The office itself is modern, comfortable, and full of distractions to break up the workday including a pool table, foosball table, and two giant TV's set up with Wii and PS3.  In addition, there are a number of comfortable meeting spaces for business discussions - or just to sit and relax.  The only downside to this office is that it's 90 degrees outside and about 60 degrees inside.  Here are a few pictures:




I've got a lot to learn about the nuances of business in Asia, so I better get back to work now, but I'll do my best to check back in with another update at the end of the weekend.  Hopefully I'll have some more interesting photos from the golf course to share!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.